January 24, 2009

A Prayer

[]
Hello God, I called tonight
To talk a little while
I need a friend who'll listen
To my anxiety and trial.
[]
You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.

I want to ask you please to keep,
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.
[]
Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.
[]
I thank you God, for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall..
[]
Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.
[]
So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You, too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!

No comments: