March 14, 2008

Bill Gates

Just found out a couple of important facts about Bill Gates. I'm sure this has been circulating all over the place, but I never cared enough ...well until now anyway.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is worth $38.7 billion. How convenient, right?
Of course, they donate to aide the poor.

But what I didn't know was that they also donate to speed up the development of vaccines for AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis.

I wonder when AIDS will finally be cured....maybe around the time of my grandchildren. The medical companies make way toooooo much money on the cocktails to ever think about giving up a vaccine! (Yeah, I know I sound a little looney, but there's always a conspiracy! After all this time, they should at least be a quarter of the way to curing it!!!)

As if they weren't giving away enough money, they also donate to America's education system. (That's good that someone is trying to educate those idiots who are going off to college when they still can't read at a 10th grade level. I wouldn't be surprised if America ended up like in the movie Idiocracy (2006).) I guess they also want another future for these future McDonald's' employees. lol

Now I bet you're wondering if Gates donates his own money for these charities. Well he doesn't; Would you? Instead he sells somewhere about 20 million Microsoft shares every quarter. Also, the richest man in the world (for 2008 anyway) Warren Buffett, who is also a friend of the family, has given at least $31 billion as gifts. He's worth more than $62 billion and he's leaving most to charity once he croaks!

I bet hundreds of people are still peeved that they didn't buy a couple of shares 33 years ago.... lol
oh well!

No comments: