December 16, 2012

My First Ponytail

I've been natural for almost 4 years now but because of my ongoing battle with shrinkage, I've never been able to achieve a decent ponytail. There's always been something wrong: not enough hair to grab, not enough hair hanging from the ponytail, etc, etc.

For the past 2 weeks, I've been sporting a protective style. I was suppose to wash my hair on Saturday but instead I procrastinated for the whole day. Finally got myself motivated but instead of washing my hair, I decided to cook dinner (click here for post).

Anywho, I woke up an hour late this morning, because of my dreaded on again-off again relationship with insomnia, and needed a style for church.  Didn't want to wear a hat or throw on a wig, so I had no choice but to finally do a ponytail. To add a little pizzazz, made 2 twists on each side of my head so I wouldn't need a headband or any other accessory.  Pictures posted below.

P.s.: I've tried a bunch of products but the hairline on the left side of my head refuses to grow back. Stupid relaxers! Stupid Traction Alopecia! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!









 


Doesn't my ponytail look sad??? :0(




~ღ♥ღ~ Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thanks in advance! ~ღ♥ღ~

No comments: