June 10, 2012

Curlkit: Month #1 - June

So I allowed my PJ (product junkie) shopaholic side to get the best of me. Decided to fork over $20 a month to Curlkit to participate in their monthly subscription program.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Curlkit, here's a brief description from their website:
"CurlKit sends out a selection of 5-7 samples that their team of online experts, researches and even tries themselves. In each CurlKit you'll receive everything from pomades and conditioners to natural hair tools, from well-known brands as well as emerging gems. CurlKit’s mission is to help newly naturals and lifelong naturals sort through the clutter, to find new brands and rediscover old favorites."

Basically, I get a box of goodies mailed to my house every month. I have absolutely no idea what is inside until the box is in front of me. If my hair agrees with the samples, I can buy a bigger size. If I don't, all I have to do it cross it off of my "Must Try Products" list. Sometimes the boxes contain full sized goodies so that's a definite plus!

Many of you don't know about my PJ shopaholic side; I basically have a bookshelf filled with hair products for my natural hair. I also have 2 shelves in the bathroom with shampoos, deep conditioners, etc. I have so many products that it makes no sense to buy anything for the next year.

So why would I subscribe to this monthly, I HAVE NO IDEA! This is a perfect time for an intervention! 

Here are the contents of this month's box:

This is the box:



These are the goodies:



Full-size Products:
  1. Twisted Sista De Frizz Conditioner
  2. Ampro Vitamin E Oil
Sample Products:
  1. Miss Jessie's Baby ButterCreme
  2. Miss Jessie's Curly ButterCreme
  3. Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue
  4. Nice & Curly Wind Down Gel
  5. Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Gel
* Guess the Ms Jessie's Curly Pudding sample walked away while they were making my box *


I forgot to add this to the above pic. 
It's a spray bottle! I really needed one too. How awesome is that?




So all of that for $20, plus free shipping! This is a great deal.  BTW They gave me a discount so I only paid $16 for everything. Like the youngins say: WIN! 

I was hesitant at first since I already have a lot of unopened products and not enough time to try them all. I was also hesitant because several youtubers were complaining about the lack of products in last month's box. I'm fortunate that I didn't get ripped off or waste any money. I'm glad that my PJism got the best of me.  

Are any of you part of a monthly subscription? Leave a comment below.

~ღ♥ღ~ Don't forget to subscribe! ~ღ♥ღ~

2 comments:

THE 78' MS. J said...

So you officially endorsing this company and saying they worth getting charged 20.00 a month for a box of mystery products? What if one month they send you a box of just junk, can you return a box and get a new one?

MღRLz said...

@THE 78' MS. J

I'm endorsing this month's box!!!! LMBO I saw last month's box and I would have been upset and complaining also.

Think the website mentions something about a refund. I'm not sure. I would have to ask @curlkit on twitter.