September 13, 2012

Chef M3RLz: 09/13/12

Last night I made homemade pizza for dinner. Yum!

Tonight's menu:  Baked Apricot Chicken with Fried Plantain and Veggies.

I was bored and had 2 hours to find a recipe to make before my movie started. (I'm an avid movie fan, some even use the word "obsessed", so I have a schedule to follow; click here for my Monthly Movie Lists.) My mom was cleaning out the fridge and offered me 2 pieces of chicken to experiment with. I have dabbled with the Smucker's Apricot Preserves before but this time I wanted to make a great dish instead of a good one.

Don't have the exact measurements but here is the original recipe:
  • 3    pounds chicken drumsticks
  • 1    cup Smucker's Apricot Preserves
  • 1/2  cup ketchup
  • 1/4  cup soy sauce
  • 2    tsp hot pepper (Used Matouk's Hot Calypso Sauce which is very spicy!!!)
  • 2    tsp clove garlic, minced

Vegetables (sauteed) :
  • Onions
  • Red pepper
  • Green pepper
  • Salt
  • Black pepper
  • Garlic

Baked Apricot Chicken 
with Fried Plantain and Veggies


It was so yummy, I took a quick bite before snapping the first pic. 
It was gone by the 2nd pic! LOL




~ღ♥ღ~ Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thanks in advance! ~ღ♥ღ~

1 comment:

Blessed Brilliant said...

Ahhhh, real food, YES!!!

I want more, please & thank you.