June 9, 2009

One Week Later

Remember how I was saying that I would NEVER wear my TWA (teenie weenie afro) in public again? Well I lied!

There was a street fair and it was at least 20 blocks long. Now, I sweat profusely on an 80 degree day so picture me with a shoulder-length wig walking in the sun for 5+ hours! I think I lost like 10 pounds that day!

And I had no shame when I scratching my head underneath the wig or when I was taking the wig OFF to wipe the sweat or to let my hair breathe! O_o

Ever since that dreadful day, I've worn my hair out with a smile PASTED on my face. I'm so happy to be so FREE! I don't know how women do it to themselves. I don't know how I did it all those summers before with hair down my back...

It's all coming back to me......I used to braid my hair in the summer so I wouldn't sweat out my Barbie-like perms!

Anyway, now my TWA is my best friend.



After baking-soda deep treatment



We have our ups and downs but at the end of the day, I'm glad that I decided to go on this natural hair journey.

No comments: