June 26, 2009

R.I.P Michael

The King of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson, died yesterday on June 25, 2009. I was too distraught to write anything when it happened. Plus, I was literally shaking and in complete denial the whole day. My heart sank when TMZ announced that he was rushed to the hospital.

It still feels like a bad dream.

The media kept going back & forth after TMZ announced his death. I kept praying over and over that it was a mistake. I couldn't believe it! He was just too young to die!

When it really sinks in, his death is going to hit me very hard. It's like a close relative has passed. I'm still not all here.

Still think I'm gonna wake up from this horrible dream....

I just thought GOD would have given him one more tour, one more comeback, one more song... Or at least a chance to clear his name and leave this Earth as the icon he once was.

Thanks to the movie, Say Uncle, I no longer believe that he was a child molester. Just wished he had a chance to prove it.

Even with his quirky behavior, I still loved his music. I couldn't even begin to comment on his impact in the music world. It takes an extraordinary man to be named a king, let alone The King of Pop. The man was a genius. The greatest entertainer to ever live. Why do the good ones die young?

I love you and I will miss you, Michael Jackson.






(August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009)

No comments: