April 7, 2010

Henna - revisited

After my first two unsatisfactory experiences with henna (click here for the original post), I decided to never use it again. However, I decided to try it one last time before kicking it to the curb.

Long story, very short, it worked and I have been excited ever since. Here is what I posted on NaturallyCurly.com

I finally figured out how to get my hair to listen!

After giving up on henna, I tried it one last time using jamilla. It was 60% henna + 40% jamilla, mixed with mostly water and a little bit of lemon juice.

Once I was done, I DC w/ HEHH, EVOO, and honey. Then I did small twists and voila! This is my first good twistout. It only took 10 months, 1 week, and 3 days! lol






Pros:
  • My hair is very conditioned.
  • My hair is very soft and silky.
  • The reddish-brown color is beautiful.
  • My hair has a great shine to it.
Cons:
  • The dye stained my hands even though I spent close to 30mins washing it out! lol One week later and my nails are still a brownish color. :0/ (I will use gloves to wash my hair even if it's the next day. lol)
  • I can't get the smell of henna out of my system. (I will try to use green tea to eliminate/diminish the smell.)

What do you think of my new hair color?


*_* Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thanks in advance! *_*

No comments: